The Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force believe's in the power of collaboration to leverage policy change and inspire social change to eradicate hunger throughout Idaho.
Every two years the Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force convenes the bi-annual Idaho Summit on Hunger and Food Security. In 2016, over 250 people attended, representing all sectors of Idaho from various anti-hunger groups to advocates to government officials. The collaborative nature of the summit encourages real solutions to Idaho's hunger and food security concerns. The programs we implement are a direct result of the summit and the partnerships created.
As a result, the Task Force focuses work in six broad policy and program areas to address hunger and food security in Idaho.
Our Scope of Action:
- Research and document hunger and its root causes
- Raise public awareness of hunger and its root causes through education
- Make recommendations to public and private food security programs and/or services
- Provide food security related information to the Idaho Legislature
- Actively support the development of programs and policies to eliminate hunger
- Encourage collaboration among programs that work to eliminate hunger and its root causes